Sunday, February 2, 2014

Try On!!!

My thoughts often come out of my mouth as words before passing through any filters.  Given the oddity of my thinking, this can be an exceptionally dangerous thing….for my reputation of being “normal,” that is.  Those who know me, however, lost that notion long ago.   An example of my thought outbursts follows.  I was in Charlotte, North Carolina visiting my middle son who was attending college at UNCC at the time.  We had a car full of people, and I was sitting in the back seat taking in the surroundings as we drove to a restaurant.  If you know Charlotte, you know that there are numerous streets and establishments with the name Tryon in them.  I made the comment that it was such a positive, motivational name, and the whole gang questioned what I meant.  I did a fist pump and said, “Try On!!”  To make matters worse, I couldn’t think of the term “fist pump” and said “arm pump” instead and still haven’t heard the end of that misspeak.  No explanation was needed on the motivational properties of Tryon once it was said that way.  Whatever you’re struggling with, “Try On!! (pump pump)!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments